Saturday, November 14, 2009

Who I am, what this is all about.




Hail and welcome!

I am going by the name of Gwynt-Siarad, it's Welsh for wind-talker. I am a Druid. This blog will by my journal in the many adventures I have in Druidry. You can expect to see all sorts of magickal work dealing with journeying, what I like to call spirit-walks, spells, meditations, and anything else I feel is pertinent. So a little about me and my magickal back ground. I grew up in the woods. My best playmates were my two golden retrievers Regal and Shadow. While most of my peers would get home and watch TV, I just walked through my house long enough to drop my books and head out the back door to the woods. While kids talked about sport teams or TV sitcoms, I learned how to I.D. ducks by the sound of thier wing beats. I could track deer, talk to turkeys, elk, and foxes. I knew where the bats slept, and which trees the turkey vulture liked to roost in. The earth, wind, and river talked to me. I often pretended to be the deer, bear, or puma. I argued with Ravens and raced the deer. I grew up, as we all do, and by the time I was in High school, I had a 2nd degree black belt in Tang soo do, was deep into Taoism and Cha'n Buddhism and had a 2nd degree in Reiki and was doing shamanic journies that I had learned from Christina Pratt from "the last mask". Oh and I spoke Portuguese and Japanese as well as English. In college I met the wrong woman for me, and married her. I allowed her to destroy all that I had gained spiritualy. That was a tough 7 years, but that is behind me now. My current Fiance' introduced me to Wicca. I studied that for some time, but it wasn't a perfect fit. I studied Asatru for a few months, but that too wasn't the right fit, then I found Druidry and I felt home. I have been studying druidry officially for about six months now, but in reality I have been studying druidry all my life. Just didn't know it. These have been some of the best days of my life. I hope to share my adventures with you all in the hopes that the wisdom I learn along this path helps you, the reader, in some small or great way.

So enough of that, let the story begin.....

yours under the oaks,

Gwynt-Siarad.

2 comments:

  1. I've read so many of your posts that I feel like I know you. It's refreshing to see someone posting about Druidry who actually knows what they're talking about - not to mention walking the walk.

    I'm a transplant from the deep south to the pacific northwest (Washington), and I find that roaming the mountains and sitting by the ocean aids me on my spiritual journey too.

    I hope to get to know you - and your spiritual path - more as you continue.

    In eternal Love and Light.
    Autumn Treespirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cayleigh...I am touched that you read my posts. I haven't posted in a long while, but that will be remedied soon! I am also glad that you posted to this very first entry of so long ago. It is good to stop and look back along the course of the path I have walked. I hadn't realized just how far I had come. My your heart be filled with love and light, may the kindred know your name.

    ReplyDelete