Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The power of being still


The call came early in the morning. It was one of those calls that you knew probably wasn't going to be good news. I was right. In a matter of seconds I came to understand the meaning of the three omens I had been seeing in dreams and in scrying. I didn't go in to work that day, I chose instead to be with my friend. I spent the day with them, mostly just listening and taking care of them. I wished their was more I could do. Some sort of spell I could put together to make it all better or different, to make it less painful. Sadly, some times there is just no ritual that can be done in those moments. As I write this, my friend in this story called me to tell me I saved her life that day and I am reminded that some times the most powerful magick we can perform is to just be the stillness at the eye of chaos. To bear silent witness to the pain and suffering, to just listen, to just be there.

Deep with in the still center of my being my I find peace,
Silently with in the grove may I share peace,
Gently within the greater circle of human kind may I radiate peace.
--druid prayer of peace
Gwynt-Siarad

No comments:

Post a Comment