Sunday, January 24, 2010

You can take the boy out of the woods, but not the woods out of the boy.



This weekend I got a chance to go to Las Vegas with my b'loved. It was her 40th birthday and she wanted to spend it there. I had been to Vegas only once before many years past now, and I spent my time there in a Martial Arts tournament and never got out ot see the strip or much of anything else. So in effect this was my first trip to Vegas. I saw whole other life I never really knew existed but had heard about. I saw several things that will leave an impression on me forever. One would be the blank faced woman with the "game card" that is attached by a rope to her cloths, presumably so it wouldn't be stolen or lost, yet what I saw was a woman "chained" to her addiction. A woman chained to a self imposed torture. Gambling, I just don't get it.
I have been to dance clubs in the past, but that was long long ago. I must have changed a lot since then. This one was so crowded and packed that I actually felt claustrophobic, and I am not a claustrophobic person. I was able to find my inner grove and peace there, but I so much prefer a camping trip with friends around a fire then a dance club. Oh and deer don't spill alcoholic beverages of unnatural coloration's on you.
In the end, yes I had a good time and got to see an amazing show of acrobats that really opens your eyes to just how awesome the human body is, I laughed a lot, and most importantly I gave my b'loved the present of great memories.
Gwynt-Siarad

No comments:

Post a Comment