Sunday, March 6, 2011

good enough.


PHew!!!! That was some intense training. I am sorry dear readers that I have not been active on the blog, but my professional life has been eating up most my time these past few weeks. The new teacher we got for the CNA program is outstanding, but also very very demanding and a lot tougher then the previous teacher. Thus the reason for my silence.


I have still been meditating. My new schedule is to come home from clinical, shower and then do daily devotions and meditate. Other aspects of my life have made this a challenge as well. Things like taxes and battling with the Ex over who claims what child, getting the car tuned up, and going to the doctor to have a granuloma removed that grew from an ingrown finger nail. That is the most painful thing I have had to experience in a very long time. Still I meditate at least 3-4 times a week. "Wow!" one might say, "he sure is devoted." Honestly, its not devotion that keeps me doing it. It's simply the fact that I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER when I do regular devotions and meditations. It helps me feel so balanced and healthy. In fact, many people in the CNA class have been stricken with a nasty cold. Not me. Even my wife is currently suffering from the cold, but I seem to be good. She's had it for some time now, and it seems to me that if I were going to get it, I would be showing signs by now. I truly believe that my daily meditation and devotions have some thing to do with my remaining healthy. It occurs to me that I have been under a lot more stress of late then usual to boot. Again the meditations have been critical in my coping with it.


I attended Pantheacon since I last wrote. It was a great experience once again. I am already looking forward to next year. The highlight for me was getting to meet some other ADF folk, and participating in the public ritual. My role was small, but I enjoyed it very much, and I gleaned some new ritual techniques that want to incorporate into my own rituals. I picked up my first Bodhran while I was there. I have enjoyed learning to play it. I am not very good yet, but I am getting the hang of it. I had a lot of fun playing it in the drumming circle at P-con.

I have not had anything really all that note worthy in my spiritual path. No spirit-walks, no Epiphanies, no super awe inspiring moments. I am happy, healthy, wise, and feeling full of power. Some days that is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment