Monday, September 5, 2011

Meeting the Ancestors



First I want to start saying sorry for the long period of silence here on my blog. I have started my nursing school training and wow, the amount of work and time required is more then any course I have yet done. Thank you all for your patience and understanding. I think it's safe to assume that my posts will not be as frequent as they once were. Despite the work load however, I am still doing my meditations and magical work, which brings me to the main point of this post.

Two days past I held audience with the dead. I did the working as instructed by Ian Corrigan's book of summoning. The rite ran smoothly with no interruptions. I used the suggested offerings of bread, ale, and honey. I believe the working was a success. I got the impression of the ancestors about my fire in my inner vision. When I asked if my offerings were accepted I pulled the ogham few of Nuin. A few of weaving and communication. I took this as a good sign. That I and the dead are interwoven and they are willing to communicate with me and form a connection. Thus I asked their blessing upon the waters. Some of this water was drunk and some was used to create a skull fetish that now rests on my alter and will be a physical anchor for them to receive my offerings on a daily basis, and in return, I hope they will teach me and bless me with the wisdom of their years of experience. One disappointment I had was I had been hoping to get a sense of my father's mother being present. I never really knew her, she lived far away and died from lung cancer when I was only about six. Perhaps in time if she is still in the realm of the dead she will make an appearance.

2 comments:

  1. This is really a work that I'm long-overdue for. For some reason, most of the time I see ancestor work mentioned, it's of the "do something for me for a bribe" variety, which really made me unconsciously push the whole idea of ancestor work aside for too long. A reunion for reunion's sake sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited to see how this develops for you. Like Pallas, most of the ancestor work I have seen is related to asking for favors rather than communion, so I've not tinkered with this type of work much.

    ReplyDelete