Tuesday, April 19, 2011

new developments in the nursing arena


A few days have passed since my last post. A few things have changed, both internally and externally. Internally, I have had a shift. I have come to realize that some times excellence and perfection are NOT the same thing. I can give excellent care at my current place of employment without giving perfect care. The reality is that I will never be able to give the quality of care I want to each person. One idea my b'loved water witch shared with me is to rotate who gets the best care I can if I don't have time to give it to them all. I have also had a change in mindset when it comes to being on the clock. I am used to being self employed. It has taken some time to realize that showing up to work 1/2 hour early doesn't really work to my benefit since I don't get paid for it.

As for the poor managment. Well, I can't change that. I can only try and be like water and flow with the tides. I have accepted that so long as I work at this place its going to be a constant annoyance. However, I don't plan to work their long. I haven't heard from the other long term care facility where I turned in a Resume. I do have good news though. I got word from the College that the denial letters for the nursing program went out a week ago...and I haven't gotten one yet! It's still not a certainty, but yes I do have my hopes up!

No comments:

Post a Comment