Sunday, January 31, 2010

Imbolc


Imbolc is truly magical sabbot. This year more so then in years past. Imbolc is a holiday of faith. A time when we celebrate the coming of a spring that has just barely begun to show itself. I Love Imbolc in part because of the it's close ties to the goddess Bridgit who is known by many other similar names. She is a goddess that as a druid I often work with. A goddess, a friend, who is close to my heart. I feel that the fire of inspiration and compassion that burn with in me are her blessings. This Imbolc was especially nice because my b'loved and I combined the celebration with the group of pagans with whom I meet with weekly for study, with a house warming for our new home. We entertained guests from 2:00pm to 1:00am! We were tired at the end, but not in a bad way. The day started with the house warming and included both pagans and non pagans, though most were pagan of one type or another. At 6 the non-pagans left and at 7 we began the rites of Imbolc. This ritual was written by a kitchen witch who I have the deepest respect for. She did a most splendid job of it. Some thing I am grateful for since by her taking the lead in this allowed me to focus on my studies. In this ritual we also had two self initiations onto the wiccan path and at the end we tried some thing new for our group, a spell of prosperity and protection for the business where we hold our monthly meetings. In an acorn, the process went like this; I guided the participants through a meditation in which they gathered the energies of the natural world, and projected them all to the high priestess who then took it all in and focused it into the sachet we made and set the intention with her words of power. I used my staff to focus and direct the energies I had raised, and I felt the most intense tingling of the hand. After the spell was cast we all returned in doors (the ritual and spell were done outside) and commenced with the feast and laughter. Oh there was so much laughter! Everywhere in the house people were smiling and laughing. Earlier in the day, another magical event took place. A healing between two members of the pagan community. It happened spontaneously, and I am glad that our home served to facilitate that. Time will tell us what the ripple affect of this healing will be.
On a different note, last night I had a dream that I think may prove to be a an omen. Without going into to long of a story, the dream was followed up by my first time seeing an image in a crystal ball in an attempt to scry. After discussing what I had seen with a witch, it is felt that the omens are telling me that some thing hidden is coming to an end, or something is ending that needs to remain hidden. At this point all I can do is wait and see for I have no idea at this time what they signs are referring to.
In my schooling, I feel it's time to redo my spell to improve my spelling, and I need a new spell. One that will dredge up my knowledge of mathematics from my junior year of high school!
Gwynt-Siarad

No comments:

Post a Comment