Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Hammer, the Harp, and the Cup post #1


I got a reprieve from school for a few days and want to take this chance to write about some noteworthy developments in my magical and spiritual life.  I have really been struggling with school this semester.  I have one teacher in particular who I seem to have communication issues with.  For some reason we just can’t seem to communicate smoothly and the end result is that she has come to the conclusion that my clinical skills are week.  I have never had this issue with any other instructor in the last year and a half of nursing school.  I decided to do a minor working to try and better the communication and situation.  The working composed mostly of pulling the two powers into me, and with my will and intent shaping it into a ball of energy with the intent of having her see my successes and less focus on my mistakes.  I then released the energy, “casting” the ball into the sky.  The end result…it didn’t really work at all that I can tell.  However, in the end it would seem she didn’t flunk me either and I will in fact be moving on to the next semester (assuming I don’t blow the final of course, which there is no reason why I would or should).  So that little “spell” in my book is a failure.  I did this spell the way I did because of time constraints.  I simply didn’t have the time to do a full rite.  I wish I could have.  It’s important to write about the spell failures as well as the successes. 

                Last week, a local witch and psychic who attends the local pagan meetup came up to me and told me that she had a message from a deceased friend or relative for me.  When I first met this woman years ago, I had her written off as… well at best as “ungrounded”.   I have now come to find her eccentric, but I do listen to what she has to say.  So I listened when she came up and said to me that “there is something you’re not doing before taking a test that you used to do…and he wants you to start doing that again.”  Even though the message was vague, I felt that I knew immediately what the spirit was referring too.  I had stopped giving offerings to the ancestors on the morning of a test.  I am not sure why I stopped.  I think that it was a combination of my frustration with school, and just being ok with what I was getting, even though deep down I wanted a higher score.  In the past I had noticed that my test scores would improve 5%-6% on the days I gave offerings vs. the days I didn’t.  So taking her words to heart, this week I made sure to give good offerings before my tests.  I took three tests and I noticed an increase in my test score for all the tests.  again about 5%-6%. What’s more is that I got this increase in score even though I didn’t study as much as I had been in the past.  I suppose someone could argue is all in my head, or that it’s a psychological trick I am playing on myself.  Honestly, I don’t care.  To me it FEELS like magic, and I like the results.  It will happen again. 

                I have also begun to once more let myself notice my impression of other people’s energetic states.  It’s hard for me to explain.  I just get a sense or a feel for the energy a person has.  I don’t see auras or colors or anything like that.  Yet I sense something.  If one isn’t careful all this study of science and nursing will cause a person to lose touch with their intuition.  I don’t want that to happen. 

                Now on to the title of this post, I have been slowly working through Ian Corrigan’s system of spirit art.  Though school and life has kept me from doing all the workings as quickly as I would like, it has worked wonderfully thus far.  This past summer I got to participate as a seer in one of the group “Court of Bridget” workings that Ian led.  This was a great experience.  Ian has now released a text that takes one through the complete spirit art system to work with Bridget and her court of spirits.  I received my copy the other day.  I have been trying to develop a relationship with Bridget for some time, and yet always there seems to be a distance.  So with this material in hand I am planning to spend the next part of my magical workings focusing on this goddess and her court.  How long, I am not sure exactly.  As long as it takes I suppose given my lack of free time. As usual I will write about my experiences here.  I hope to do the first working, which is gaining an audience with the Goddess Bridget herself.  I hope to do this working in the first weeks of December of this year. 

                 

No comments:

Post a Comment